Pages

Friday, October 25, 2013

Old post that I'm finally dropping in

I am down 11 pounds now. Over halfway to my goal of losing 20 pounds by the end of the year. If I meet that 20 I will be happy with my progress and won't seek to lose a set amount again by the end of the year, but instead turn my focus to continuing to lose in a healthy manner. I am still debating if I am going to try and do the boot camp with my foot still possibly jacked up with my sesamoiditis. I know that I could do the off-skates portion of the workout, but I'm not sure if I could sit there and watch the others skate without feeling incredibly sad or left out of things so I'm just not sure if it is worth the trouble to try and go do it.
And since I currently do not have health insurance because I quit my job at Walmart it makes getting my foot looked at a bit difficult. I am trying to get on a Medicaid plan or COBRA or something, but have been having trouble getting the answers, information, and paperwork that I need to move forward with the process. Honestly it is a pain in the ass, but I can't go without insurance given that I need medication to keep myself functioning on a somewhat normal level. And some days even the pills don't help...but that's another matter entirely I suppose.
I am trying to not stress over other things in my life such as finances, but I struggle with it. Daily sometimes even hourly, but JD is always there and he does his best to keep me grounded. We went to the Apple Festival on Sunday and even though we didn't do anything but wander and we only had just enough money to get us through the gate and to each have a funnel cake it was a good time. I am learning, again, that the simple pleasures in life are what make it worthwhile. That's why I can happily curl up next to him in bed and read while he dozes against my side or we read together. Sometimes its nice just to be with someone that you love and not have to worry about anything. We still marvel at the ease between us and how things have turned out. I know I never thought I would find a relationship like this. I am happy and at peace and we don't quarrel so much as we teasingly bicker. Neither one of us understands the couples who are constantly fighting back and forth and sniping and short with one another. Sure, we aren't perfect and we have our moments where we might lose our temper and snap but rarely is the loss of temper directed at the other person. Hell, the last time I got angry I was mad because I was frying an egg and the yolk broke when I went to flip the egg. It was just one of those things that told my temper enough was enough. Strange things that rouse my temper, but I was over it soon enough and JD made me a yummy fried egg to soothe my nerves and my hungry belly.

No comments:

Post a Comment