Pages

Friday, October 25, 2013

Progress

So my last post was from earlier this month and I wrote it but instead of posting right away it got saved in my email and I'm just now getting around to posting again for the month. Oops!

So I'm still hovering at about 11 pounds lost, but I am also weight training along with my cardio so it seems reasonable to assume that I am adding muscle which is denser than fat so even if the numbers don't drop too fast there are still changes that are happening and progress that is being made.

JD pointed out that he sees a difference already in the curve of my legs and I have noticed a minor difference in my upper arms. My core is still weak and my back needs some help, but I know that I will get there. I still don't have health insurance yet, but that is getting addressed and I should end up OK on that front in the long run. I might also be getting a "real" full time job at the same palce I am working now and making more money, but that isn't for certain yet and it will be some time before I find out how that is going to go.

I did decide to go ahead and try the roller derby boot camp that my league is holding even though I am kind of out of shape for roller derby. My foot has been feeling better and better and I've found some things that help me not have the pain I was having so I figured I would give it a go. Wow! Even though I have been in the gym pretty solidly for a month and even though I have managed to realize a small amount of progress in that time the boot camp last night KICKED MY ASS. My core is not nearly as strong as it needs to be, my endurance is still awful for quick bursts of movement AND for jogging (I hate running in any form), and my back/muscle memory for a lot of the skating stuff that I need to be able to do is definitely weak. That said, I am going to be changing up my exercise routine to incorporate more of the aerobics that we are doing in boot camp and that will go a long way towards improving all of those things that I am currently struggling with. As time and money permit I may also go down to the rink and skate when I can as more skating is NEVER a bad thing.

Besides my skates have shrunk somewhat from sitting and being unused so anything I can do to stretch them out is a good idea. My feet didn't hurt from the pressure, but instead they hurt because the boots were tight around my toes and starting to cause numbness. It really made me want to buy new boots, but that is definitely not in the cards right now as money is quite tight. Also, my skates are almost brand new so I need to suck up the fancy new gear craving, stretch my skates, and apply myself to getting back into roller derby shape.

I have made further progress with dealing with my mental health issues as well and have been released from my regular therapy sessions by my therapist with instructions to call her if I need anything. I am still working with a psychiatrist to get my meds handled and issues smoothed out. The nightmares are probably one of the worst things that I am still  dealing with and there is a medication I can try for that as well. Hopefully it won't knock me on my ass.

And that is that. I'm going to get back to work and start trying to make a better effort to keep things updated a bit more frequently. And I need to get back to my knitting as I have a gift that needs finished and several other projects that I would like to start on. Ok...now I'm really done. Bye. I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment