Pages

Monday, June 10, 2013

Rolling forward

Yesterday's derby bout went well. My announcing has improved and it was a good time all around with the Babes taking home a big win. I tried my hand at hooping with some hoops that one of the skaters had with her and I still can't do it to save my life. I had a lot of fun though and may try to get my hands on a larger hoop than the kiddie sized ones that are commonly found. They aren't hard to make so I can either do it myself or have said skater make me one.

After the bout and hanging out with some friends (and getting to hold an adorable baby) I headed to the gym where I logged a little over a mile and then did 15 minutes on the elliptical. My shins are getting better, but before I finished on the treadmill I was having pain and at one pointed needed to stop and stretch my legs out a little. The elliptical was much less painful and I think I'm going to try doing that more often. I was planning on having today and tomorrow as rest days, but I think if I'm not tired tonight after work I may stop for a few minutes and workout. I seem to sleep better, no matter that "experts" say. I think that some of that advice/wisdom is very much dependent on the individual and it doesn't work for everyone.

I will also be heading down to the rink and lacing up my skates for the first time in several months later this week. I don't know if I am quite ready to start skating again all the time, but I miss it so much that I want to try and I may start reffing at the request of an NSO friend of mine. I'll see how it goes...

Meanwhile, back to work and trying to stay awake through my day. Hopefully I will catch a second wind that gets me through the night and safely home. Today was day 4 of the Lamictal.

No comments:

Post a Comment