Pages

Sunday, September 15, 2013

One thing at a time

I made it to the gym today. Spent a good hour or so splitting my time between cardio and weight training. I really enjoy using the circuit weights and I think if I ever get to a point where I can be comfortable doing it I might try lifting just for something a bit different.

I've spent the afternoon puttering around doing dishes and knitting and having discussions with JD about how we might manage to move out of this little town we live in now. It can be frustrating because one of the things that keeps us here is the amount of debt that I have put myself in. It feels like I won't ever be free of quite all of it. But maybe I'm wrong. My stint in AmeriCorps is going to help with my student loans and that's not a bad thing to be sure. At some point we will have to figure out exactly where we might want to live, but I suppose we will cross that bridge when we come to it.

I'm still looking into possibly trying to start a side business of my crafting stuff 9mostly knitting) but I'm more interested in trying to save money and get a credit card paid off right now that I may switch my focus to that. it is going to be hard, but I think it can be done and getting just one card paid off clears the way to make double payments on another card or add some extra to a car payment or whatever. I think instead of worrying too much about getting out of here when that isn't a possibility just yet I'm going to try and focus on making the best of my life where it is right now. Right now I have a nice enough apartment, my bills are paid, I have a job, and I have a boyfriend who loves me for who I am and not who he wants me to be. Honestly....I could be doing worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment