Pages

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Apartment hunting

So after yesterday's post I tried to just go about my day and not stress myself out until I knew one way or another what was going on and what might happen.

I found out last night after I got home from my second job that my landlady did, in fact, die early Monday morning. So her estate is technically now my "landlord" but her family has already made it quite clear that they will be putting the house up for sale and I also got the distinct impression that the sooner we move they happier they will be. There is more concern over handling the "paperwork" than there is over the knowledge that they've just lost a family member. It makes me sad.

But at any rate, I have a place to live for the time being, but finding a new apartment is very high on my list of priorities right now and given how difficult it can be to find a place that allows pets I am worried that it could take more time than we have (or more money for that matter which is also quite stressful.)

So once again I am back to checking the paper every morning and checking craigslist at least twice a day in hopes that something will come up. I don't know if it will be anything quite so perfect as this place was looking like it would have been, but that's life I suppose. Everything changes and time marches on and all that...

No comments:

Post a Comment