Pages

Friday, November 15, 2013

Tidbits



Just for today I am going to be writing little tidbits as my day progresses and I will post them into one long post at the end of the day. I don’t know what my good thing for today might be yet and I don’t know how things will go overall since it is only just after 11 AM and I am at work until 5. I do know that my office is cold and I’m hungry, even though I ate breakfast.

My local animal shelter is having a special this weekend where adoption fees on all of the cats are waived. I found out about this and immediately asked JD if we could get another cat. He looked like he really wanted to say yes, but then pointed out some reasons that it might be a bad idea, one of them being that my cat, Colt, is a big bruiser of a boy at 20-25 pounds and is incredibly attached to “his” people. He thinks that Colt might be likely to bully another, smaller cat. I think Colt would learn that he can share and would adjust, but the matter is still up in the air.

I started another set of wrist warmers on my smallest knitting loom over lunch. They are going to be a very pretty variegated purple and I’m definitely keeping them. I need to spend this weekend knitting like a fiend to finish off a blanket that I am making for a co-workers new baby. The shower is next weekend and I honestly don’t want to go, not because I dislike my co-worker or anything, but simply because I don’t like showers and the like. I get very anxious and nervous at gatherings like that and I’m kind of awkward to boot. At any rate, hopefully I will get it together and get the blanket finished as it really works up quickly if I just sit and work on it.

Later tonight we are going to hang out with some friends and play D&D (well, Pathfinder, but close enough…) and probably will need to make a midnight Walmart run (yuck!) so I can grab some shortening for the red velvet cake I am making tomorrow to belatedly celebrate my birthday. It is currently looking like the highlight of my day is simply going to be seeing JD when I get home since that is really all I want to do is see him and get a hug. And that’s perfectly OK to be the best part of my day. I still want another kitty though. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment